Sunday 26 July 2009

Kites, Cats & AirRifles...

And here we are, back to the sporadic updates that you have come to expect... Since the last post, Delores Satellite Dove v.1 has returned and more than likely has thumped out another egg. I think this is the case as she came back the other day and hasnt moved since: she's either incubating another ratty chick for me to pester and annoy or she's bone idle... Only time will tell...

In a vain attempt to diversify this wonderful blog before you, I decided to spend the day dicking about and taking photos of it. This is worlds apart from the random dicking about I was doing before: this is premeditated...

What better way to start the day than shooting things? After getting an excited text message from "My Mate Adam" saying "Ive got an airrifle, lets go shoot things..." and lets face it, I don't often need more encouragement than that, I donned my legit oldman flat cap (none of this trendy fashion wanker business, mine is from a gun shop) and trogged out into a field. The field in question was packed full of miserable feathery bastards but before the more sensitive among you start whinging and leaving comments about my bird killing ways, I would like to point out that we left the field with exactly the same number of flying rats as we went in with... The bloody things have better eyesight that we have and by the time we worked out they were there and crawled pretending to be Rambo, or an air-rifle wielding Ninja, the little shits had flown away. 


We wasted a bit of time pestering a kitten with string until it hid under the barbeque and wouldnt come out... luckily (for you) I managed to get a photo of the little rascal before he found his hiding place... Im too good to you, youre welcome...


After going to the pub and having a chicken burger and a pint (the diets going well by the way) we went skating at one of the smallest "skateparks" I've ever been to. I propelled my hefty frame over a hip and "My Mate Adam" got all arty and myspace with a Frontside Boardslide. We really are too rad...


Then I tried to fly a kite. It was shit. 


Next time: What happened when I went to the seaside and Garden Camping with a stove...

No comments: