Thursday 18 June 2009

Blackfoot, The Gonz and Satellite Doves...

As predicted, the Fourstar Demo at Stoke was piss wet and consisted of nothing more than The Gonz arsing about in the weather doing boardslides in the wet. You have to marvel at skateboarding: there arent too many passtimes that you can justify driving a 6 hour round trip to watch a bloke you saw on the internet hang out in a park near a playground... Depending on your point of view it was either a rad day out or a very very long way to drive to watch an old man slide along a rail on an ironing board, but I guess it was better than sitting around doing nowt.
Toby decided to that to break the monotony of sitting in his van waiting for the 'Merrkans to turn up passing the time by making Fraser eat jam, we would go to the most council shopping centre in what was voted "Worst Place To Live In Britain" to have a cake. We saw a man eating Lasagne with Gravy and then proceeded to dick around until we started boring ourselves and left...

 
We went back to the carpark, and decided that because of the shitty weather we would waterproof Fraser's board, something that took him a good quarter of an hour to get rid of later...
I had a piss by the side of the road and Toby took a picture cause thats just the kind of guy that he is I suppose...


In other unrelated news: I went skating yesterday, tried a stinking trick to tail, of which I have many, and jumping off the board, managed to roll my toes. For those of you that are not involved in skateboarding in one way or another, rolling your ankle is a fairly common occurrence to skaters but I have never heard of anyone rolling their toes. Im not 100% sure how I managed it but thought that you'd all be excited to learn that it is indeed possible. Every day is a school day...


To end on two positive notes: firstly the Dove that nested behind my satellite dish last year has returned and laid an egg thereby ensuring that if all else fails I will definitely have something to report on here... 

and Cockleg from last weeks entry has decided to promote himself from "Casual Lurker" to 
"Fully Fledged Follower." Welldone Cockleg, tell both your friends... 

Next times exciting update to include "My Adventure In A Childs Maze," Interesting Things I Have Learnt Driving To Go Skateboarding" and "What Colour Is My Foot Today"...

Stay tuned...

No comments: